Intellectual Property Litigation
Aggressive Representation to Protect Against Losses of Your Valuable Intellectual Property
Imagine opening a new business only to receive a cease and desist letter claiming your company violated a large corporation’s trademark rights or copyright. Consider the devastating impact of hiring talented employees to develop the latest innovations and products only to have them walk out and take that information to a competitor. Calculate the cost of years of marketing efforts to finally reap the profits for which you have worked so hard, only to have other companies lift your content wholesale for their own purposes.
Law Offices of McLaughlin & Associates, P.C. represents businesses in litigation involving attacks on their intellectual property, including trademark infringement, copyright infringement, trade secrets and confidentiality agreement violations, and violations of non-compete agreements. IP litigation requires swift and thoughtful action to protect your company’s intellectual property rights. Our attorneys have trial and appellate experience before state and federal courts in Illinois, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”), and the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
Our representation includes prosecution and defense of cases involving:
- Trademark infringement under the Lanham Act and state laws
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings before the TTAB
- Appeals of TTAB rulings before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Copyright infringement of registered and unregistered copyrights
- Copyright infringement involving purported BitTorrent swarm activity
- Temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions for violations of non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Trade secrets violations under the Illinois Trade Secrets Act
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights under franchise agreements and licensing agreements
To discuss representation of your business in intellectual property litigation, contact McLaughlin & Associates by calling (630) 230-8434.