John R. Abendroth
Direct Phone: (630) 449-4591
Fax: (630) 230-8435
John Abendroth joined as an Associate Attorney in January 2017. Mr. Abendroth brings a scientific background and extensive experience in governmental regulatory processes to our business clients. He previously directed Florida’s nonpoint source management and water quality improvement programs, and managed a multi-million dollar federal grant program as an environmental administrator with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. His responsibilities included oversight of restoration programs and legislative project appropriations, coordination with local stakeholders to develop watershed management plans, and environmental compliance/enforcement investigations. In the Midwest, he also has provided technical/policy support on Great Lakes area projects for an environmental consulting firm. While in the law program, Mr. Abendroth interned for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the Thomas More Society. He was a law clerk for the Honorable J. Edward Prochaska – 17th Judicial Circuit Judge. Mr. Abendroth represents businesses in transactional and litigation services, and their needs related to land use development and environmental permitting, compliance, and enforcement issues.
Mr. Abendroth has spoken before elected officials, government entities, agriculture and industry interests, and the general public. His presentations have included
- Setting goals for water quality improvement through community engagement
- Improving water quality in agricultural and urban environments
- Illinois, 2016
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois, J.D. 2016, Summa Cum Laude, Lead Articles Editor 2015-2016, Northern Illinois University Law Review
- University of Tampa, Tampa, Florida, BS – 1981 Biology / Marine Science
- Fracking in Illinois: Implementation of the Hydraulic Fracturing Regulatory Act and Local Government Regulatory Authority, 35 N. Ill. U. L. Rev. 575, 2015.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, DuPage County Bar Association