Human Resources Consultant
Direct Phone: (630) 449-4590
Cell Phone: (630) 544-8793
Fax: (630) 230-8435
Kerry Rieder-McLaughlin brings over a decade of experience in the areas of employment and labor issues to our business clients, having served as former EEO Officer for the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority and as a human resources generalist with major corporations and insurance carriers. She assists our small business clients with development of employee handbooks and manuals, preparation of appropriate documentation for personnel files, and provides best practices advice to HR and personnel managers.
- Loyola University-Chicago
MSIR, Human Resources – 1994
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.S. – Journalism/Public Relations – 1990
- Former EEO officer and ADA Compliance officer for the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
- Over 8 years of Human Resources Generalist experience for major corporations and insurance companies
- 6 years of training, development and presentation experience. Certified Achieve Global Trainer (f.k.a. Zenger Miller).
- Conducted investigations for EEO and ADA compliance.
- Conducted pre-employment testing, interviews, new hire orientations, and exit interviews
- Handled problems and issues regarding payroll, benefits, transfers, insurance and worker’s compensation.
- Experience in various recruiting methods including college fairs, media, online sources, and use of recruitment agencies, with emphasis on diversity. Recruited at all levels from hourly employees to high level management.
Ms. Rieder-McLaughlin is an experienced trainer and has been presenting to employee and management audiences for over 6 years. Her presentations have included:
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Hiring Practices
- Behavioral Interviewing
- Time Management
- New-Hire Orientations
- New Program Roll-Outs
- Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em
- Supervisory Skills Training
- From Hiring to Firing Best Practices