PART-TIME 3L LAW CLERK
The Law Offices of McLaughlin & Associates, located in Aurora, IL off of Route 59, is seeking part-time Law clerks to assist lawyers by performing legal analysis, research, review and prepare legal files, motions, or documents. Clerks provide assistance in all kinds of legal and administrative matters to the Legal Services team. They produce draft opinions that serve as the groundwork required by the attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Search for and study legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Exploring and studying legal documents for determining causes of action, examining law of cases and facts, and preparing cases.
- Screening petitions, motions and complaints filed to determine the litigant’s legal merit.
- Preparing affidavits of documents, maintaining case correspondence and document files.
- Evaluating current procedures to determine process that is more efficient.
- Reviewing and filing petitions, pleadings, and other legal documents pertinent to court procedures under the direction of the attorney in charge.
- Delivering subpoenas and/or documents to parties and witnesses to action.
- Education: Bachelor Degree and 2 years of law school completed (incoming 3L)
- Experience: Previous clerking or relevant legal experience a plus
- Required Experience: Moot Court or Law Review required.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Send email to Kerry Rieder-McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide Resume, Transcript, Writing Sample, and 3 professional references