Legal Executive Assistant
Under general direction, the Firm’s Legal Executive Assistant provides high-level day-to-day legal administrative support to the Principal attorney and all legal staff, including answer phones, case management and other transactional assignments. Provide Corporate and Litigation secretarial support. Assist with special events such as seminars, manage incoming and outgoing mail, manage cost of supplies and postage, other duties as assigned.
If you want to be a part of something truly unique? The Law Offices of McLaughlin & Associates, P.C. sets the bar high with regard to the way it serves its clients. We have a unique and challenging business model that meets the diverse needs of our corporate clients. Then you are the person we are seeking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate office activities and schedules, ensuring smooth office operations.
- Receive and screen communications, including telephone calls and emails, and provide general assistance to clients.
- Review and prepare miscellaneous legal documents, such as briefs, wills and trusts, real estate documentation, trademark, corporate books, litigation preparation.
- General research to assist attorneys.
- Respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- General office duties such as copying, scanning, typing, preparing case files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Education: Associates degree and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 5 Years.
- Preferred Experience: 7 Years, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Corporate Transaction and Litigation required.
- Experience with Estate Planning, including trusts, and Family Limited Partnerships preferred.
- Attention to detail required.
- Minimum Typing Speed: 60 WPM.
- Experience with Westlaw or Lexis/Nexis preferred.
- Experience with PCLaw a plus.
- Public Notary preferred.
- Send email to Kerry Rieder-McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample, and 3 professional references.