Under general direction, provides high-level day-to-day paralegal support to the Principal attorney and all legal staff, including Corporate, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Intellectual Property and other transactional assignments. Research and prepare documents for Corporate litigated cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and study legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases to assist attorneys.
- Receive and screen communications, including telephone calls and emails, and provide general assistance to clients.
- Review and prepare miscellaneous legal documents that may include briefs, wills and trusts, real estate documentation, trademark, corporate books, discovery, and exhibits.
- Preparing affidavits of documents, maintaining case correspondence and document files.
- Evaluating current procedures to determine process that is more efficient.
- Reviewing and filing petitions, pleadings, and other legal documents pertinent to court procedures under the direction of the attorney in charge.
- Delivering subpoenas and/or documents to parties and witnesses to action
- Provide back-up, when necessary, to Legal Secretary which may include preparing routine letters and correspondence, mail, and answering phone calls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Education: Associates degree and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 1-4 Years or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Real Estate Transactions, Corporate Transaction or Litigation required.
- Minimum Typing Speed: 60 WPM
- Experience with Estate Planning preferred.
- Public Notary preferred.
- Send email to Kerry Rieder-McLaughlin at email@example.com
- Provide Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample, and 3 professional references